Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tagged

I started at the bottom of my list tonight, and see that Jil at Wild Abandon tagged me for the desktop screenprint. I don't usually participate in these, call me a stick-in-the-mud, but I am enjoying seeing everyone's desktop. So I will share also. Mine is a "Google Maps" aerial photo of my neighborhood. My girl's grade school is at the bottom of the picture, and my boy's high school is just off the picture to the upper left. I marked our house for the girls so they could recognize where everthing was. It's been fun for them to look at this.



Back for more later...

5 comments:

Joel said...

Wasn't this one worth doing? ;)

Jon said...

I agree Joel, it was fun. I'd tag others, but I think everyone in my limited circle has been tagged.

I especially like it when they're linked to larger pictures so I can see what desktop icons they have.

Anonymous said...

How do you even do that screen print whatever thing? I personally have a cat sitting on the couch drinking a beer for my pic. And all my stuff is neatly tucked into folders- one row- on the left. I am now going to look up a Google map of myself...

Jon said...

Sharla - there's several ways to do this, and here's one. On the top row of your keyboard, smack the button that says "Print Screen". It puts a picture of your entire screen on your clipboard. Open a picture editor (I recommend IrfanView, it's free and simple to use) start a new image, and paste in the picture - right click and select "Paste". Resize it, 400 or 500 pixels wide would be OK. Save the picture, I would recommend saving it as a jpeg, but that's my preference. Then upload it as you would with any other picture. Blogger makes picture hosting easy, and if you use their method of adding pictures you don't even have to resize it.

Clear as mud?

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!! I have been wanting to know how to do that for years! Took me about 30 seconds.

I can't post the tag in here (meanie blogger!) so, here is mine: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/vanillamama3/Project1.jpg