Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Few Updates

A few family updates.

My oldest son graduated from college in August, and has been looking for a job since then. He just found one, and is very excited. It’s in a city about 2 hours away, so it’s not so far that we can’t see him regularly. In fact, if you look at the heartland of the US, there are 2 major cities 150 miles or so apart. We’re in one, and he’ll be in the other. He found out yesterday, and starts Monday. He has some friends he’ll be living with, so he’ll be throwing stuff in the trunk of his car and leaving in a few days.

Then to Kyle, our 22 year bipolar son. Kind of a long complicated story leading up to this, I wrote about it on my BipolarConnect blog, I’ll post a link when they finally publish it. But the bottom line, we haven’t heard from him in several days, and neither has his girlfriend. Life got too overwhelming, and he took off. The irony is, what overwhelmed him was the prospect of not having to worry about anything.

Mardi Gras comes to the heartland! When the band The Iguanas comes to our area the wife and I never miss them. They are one of New Orleans most popular bands, and they are always a lot of fun. Here it is Fat Tuesday, the peak of Mardi Gras, and The Iguanas are in our area for a Mardi Gras party and show! Woo-hoo! I’ve already told the boss I’ll be late tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope kyle is ok and turns up soon

Anonymous said...

I think what Kyle did isn't too uncommon. Sometimes we become so used to bad things/negative stuff, that we're literally lost when things are okay. I know I can relate with that. I hope you hear from him soon.

Jon said...

Thanks AM and Jane. We've gotten some news that he's been in contact with his girlfriend, saying he was ready to enter the program. But that's what he told us originally...