Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Shorts

Mom, Interrupted at Mercurial Mind Bipolar Blog talks about forecasting a mood swing by our voice and tone. She hit the nail on the head, based on this a change is coming for me. My wife mentioned it to me last night, I’ve been mouthy and sarcastic. Stay tuned, let’s see where this leads…

On a related note, I’ve left some biting and sarcastic comments on some of your blogs. They are not meant to be critical to the blogger who made the post, sorry if they sound that way.

We bought a new bike for my wife the other day. A very nice fitness/hybrid bike by Gary Fisher/Trek. She’s excited to ride, and it looks like she’ll be able to keep up with us now. For anyone who likes to bike, the difference between a Wal-Mart bike and a bike shop bike is HUGE.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to dynamically order a blogroll by clicks or popularity? Now that I ask this, I hear txandi saying "blog tweaks: as addictive as crystal meth."

I was listening to NPR the other day, actually, I listen to NPR every day, but the other day I heard an interview with a guy that wrote a book about understanding philosophy through jokes. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Things like:
"3 ladies were sitting on a park bench. The first lady says "oy!" The second lady says "oy!" The third lady says "enough about the children already."
Or:
"The invisible man walks into a doctor’s office without an appointment. The nurse says ‘The doctor can’t see you now’"
I’ll let you know if the book is as good as I think it will be.

Everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you, it's does show up in our voice and manner, I think others see it sometimes, before we do!

Kiley said...

I agree with Geosmythe!

Anonymous said...

I think my voice goes from sounding "normal" (whatever that might be) to a version of evil.. It becomes deeper, darker, and you can easily hear the irritation and frustration in my voice. To the point of where sometimes when people call they ask,"who is this"

Jon said...

Thanks all, for your comments.

Smythe & Ari - I swear by the notion that the greatest thing we can do for ourselves is become self aware of our condition, and constantly vigilant of our moods.

Ivy - who is this? Sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)