Friday, October 28, 2005

Java

Any java developers out there?

I'm in the process of downloading the java SDK, I'm going to give it another try. I've tried this language several times in the past, and have always given up. I really don't much like it, but there are some things I'd like to do that Java will do well. I'm most comfortable in VB6, but have worked with VB.Net and PHP. I've done several apps in PHP and like it very much. But Java and I have never really gotten along.

Well, I'm determined to work with it until I create something worth creating.

System.out.println("Hello World!");

I'm most interested in suggestions on a development environment. Do you all just use basic text editors? I'd really like something with a compiler shortcut built in, so I don't have to go to the command line every few minutes.

Any words of wisdom?

And by the way, looking for more input on my last post on the psych eval. I appreciate those messages I've gotten, and I'll take any input I can get.

0 comments: