Sunday, October 23, 2005

Settling In To Relative Normalcy

I've left my recent hypomanic frame of mind, and am settling into a period of relative normalcy. This may last a day, a week, or maybe a month. While I do OK at work when I'm like this, I don't particularly enjoy it. It beats depression, but is not nearly as much fun as hypomania.

Maybe I spoke too soon about the normalcy. It's after midnight and I'm wired. Maybe I just caught a second wind. I had a busy day at the second job today, and was really dragging when I got home 3 hours ago. I just fell on the bed, and watched Desperate Housewives and Gray's Anatomy with the wife. Both are excellent shows, and DH was funnier than normal this week. Gray's Anatomy is already reaching for storylines, and might become unbearable in the next year or so. It happened MANY years ago to ER, and after about the first year of Crossing Jordan. Not that I have much time to watch TV working 2 jobs, but since I'm on a roll...

I really like West Wing, but haven't been able to catch Commander In Chief yet. I know I'd love that show, I like political shows, and I dig Geena Davis. I watched My Name Is Earl a couple of weeks ago when they had 3 episodes back to back on a Sunday night, and thought it was the funniest show in years. But, out of all of them I'd still take a Seinfeld rerun most nights...

Even though I'm wired, time to try and get some sleep. I'll put on the headphones and take the iPod to bed and see if I can get to sleep. Let's see, need something mellow to help me relax, let's scroll through some playlists. Abbey Road? Mark Knopfler? Morcheeba? Chick Corea? The Eels? The Flecktones? Willie Nelson? No, here it is... Steely Dan's Aja. That will be just the ticket tonight.

I'm actually looking forward to bed now...

0 comments: