Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Wife

OK, I just made a typical hypomanic post, where everything is roses. It's all about me, and I can take on the world.

Well, let me step down from this high and give credit where credit is due.

To my wife.

This lady has lived with me for over a quarter of a century. Through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. She's always been right there with me. She is the epitome of my better half. She's loved by all, and that humbles me. She's rock solid in her faith, and that motivates and sustains me. She's the world's greatest mother, and that's essential because I haven't always been there for the family. She's always there for me when I need her for anything. She's understanding of my condition, and what is difficult for me, and she spares me that when she can. She has a wisdom that I revere, and has given me so much guidance over the years.

And although she's had ample opportunity, she has never torn me down. She has done nothing but nurture me. She is my rock when things are difficult, my cheerleader when I need a lift, my spiritual advisor, my biggest fan - she is everything to me.

She said something to me a few years ago that stuck with me. She told me that while it hasn't always been easy, life has been a heck of a ride, and she doesn't regret the choices we made or our time together.

I found one of the few true angels alive on earth when I found her.

0 comments: