Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Music, Part 2

More Christmas favorites:

Jingle Bell Rock. It's hideous. No matter how well it's covered, it sucks.

Jingle Bells. Have you ever stopped and listened to this song? It's awful!

Feliz Navidad. Jose Feliciano came up with a winner with this one, but after 2 million listens, it suffers from major suckage also.

Little Drummer Boy. No matter carefully how you cover this, "Pa rum pa pum pum" really bites.

I could go on forever, but I'm belaboring this point.

I just listened to Canned Heat doing "Christmas Blues", and it's great! Rocking blues. A good listen.

Listening now to Roy Milton doing "Christmas Time Blues" from 1950. This is fantastic. Killer tenor sax solo. They don't do blues like that today.

By the way, I got my Messiah album last night. The London Symphony and Chorus. Very good orchestra and chorus. I'm very happy with this one. I feel real guilty about it, spending twenty dollars at Christmas time. But I made an agreement with the wife, I'll burn it, load it on the iPod, and she'll then wrap it and give it to me for Christmas. Along with another purchase I made last week, that most classic of animated specials, "Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer" on DVD. Don't be baggin' on The Bumble now...

Enough for now, I'm off work today and taking the girls to meet the wife for lunch today. Can't spend much during the Christmas season, but we have a Cicis Pizza in town, and it's opnly $3.99 for all you can eat. Heck, you can't hardly eat at home for that.

0 comments: