Saturday, December 17, 2005

Depressionhurts.com

I just saw a TV ad about depression. It was an attention grabbing ad, well produced. At the end we see it was made by Lilly. When you go to the web site, it prominently shows a logo for Cymbalta, Lilly's hot new anti-depressant. It has you take a test, and has a link that prints out your results you can take to your Doctor. Of course, it heavily plugs Cymbalta, in fact links you to the Cymbalta.com web site for all questions and further information.

I feel cheated. I thought this was a caring, compassionate, ad. Instead we have a pharmaceutical company trying to convince as many people as possible to try their product. In fact, I'll go so far as accusing them of trying to MANUFACTURE depression to sell product. And what a piece of shit product it is. The time I spent on it was miserable. Side effects that were unbearable. Mania, depression, suicide thoughts, vivid disturbing dreams, and more. With this manner of marketing, they don't have to disclose ANY drug side effects in their ad, which of course, would take the entire ad time for Cymbalta.

Fucking bottom feeders.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that I was somewhat disappointed that the commercial was just a sales pitch. However, since the commercial has ran, I feel that some of my In-laws seem to better understand me and for that I am thankful for the commercial.

Anonymous said...

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE NAME OF THE MUSIC IS THAT PLAYS ON THIS COMMERCIAL. ITS PIANO, BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHO DOES IT.

Anonymous said...

It's music specifically written for the commercial and they have no plans on releasing it.

Sandi K said...

I am on cymbalta now and I have been having a lot of the side effects. Seratonin syndrome happened when I was inpatient and they first put me on the drug. NOT SUPPOSED TO USE IT WITH ULTRAM!!!
It is helping with pain, but not depression, now the night terrors are bad again. DAMN I wish I read your post before I got on this crap. IT IS CRAAAAP.

Anonymous said...

I to went to the website "depressionhurts.com"and found the Cymbalta ad and I have also seen their commercials on TV. I took the test and read the testimonials and have known for a very long time that I am severely depressed and have been prescribed several prescription drugs but I am not favorable to the side effects they produce. Does or can anyone care to come up with something that works w/o the side effects?