Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Fridayyyyyy......

It's been a short week for me, but I'm still fired up about being Friday.

A few things today:

First, my Lamictal experiment is going very well! Absolutely no adverse side effects yet, and I'm loving that. I'm still a few weeks away from a "therapeutic dose", but with other meds I've been on I noticed side effects almost immediately. I will say, though, that right now I'm hovering on the brink of hypomania. I almost feel too good. I feel like partying tonight, but that, of course, would not be good.

Next, from http://www.bobanddavid.com/david.asp?artId=183
An open letter to Larry The Cable Guy, written by comedian David Cross, in response to a verbal spat the 2 have going. I spent quite a bit of time over my vacation being "dumbed down" listening to Larry The Cable Guy. Now I'm not complaining, at a base level he is pretty funny. It's not always my kind of humor, however. But my host was enjoying it, and I have to admit, it was funny at times. This letter is long, but is pretty funny, especially if you're not a lover of LTCG.

Finally, I was just exposed to Sarah Silverman. She was a staff writer on SNL in the early 90's but got fired over a skit she wrote that referenced, "Chinks." Most recently, she starred in THE ARISTOCRATS and SCHOOL OF ROCK. But be sure to see her new movie, SARAH SILVERMAN: JESUS IS MAGIC, which chronicles her stand-up.

Check-out the trailor:

http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=23210

Quote:
"Strippers should be role models for little girls...if only for the fact that they wax their assholes."
and
Quote:
"I was licking jelly off my boyfriend's penis and all of a sudden I'm thinking, 'OH MY GOD...I'm turning into my mother!'"
And just as funny, a quote from my gay brother:
"Too bad that Sarah's boyfriend is Jimmy Kimmel because if I were a woman I'D marry her."

I guess the above material kind of points to my borderline hypomania today, huh? ;-)

1 comments:

ninjapoodles said...

Ick...do NOT care for him, either! First time through, Ron White was the best part of the BCCT.